Cornbread cookies are the new way to enjoy one of our favorite Lehi Mill mixes. Seriously, our cornbread mix is so good and the easiest mix to make. All you need is to mix 3 cups of cornbread mix and 1 cup of water and pour it all into an 8x8 pan. Can it get any easier than that?
Now, this cornbread cookie recipe involves a little more, but not by much. We've added a few more ingredients because cheese and chives go hand in hand with cornbread. We promise it'll change the way you eat cornbread - especially when paired with a delicious chili recipe.
If you use this cornbread cookie recipe, take a photo and share it with us on social media. Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account!
Cornbread Cookie Recipe
- 3 cups of Cornbread mix
- 3/4 cup of buttermilk
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons of chives, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl combine cornbread mix, buttermilk, and water. Add in the chives and shredded cheese.
- Use a cookie scoop to make 2-inch balls of cornbread mix and place on a greased or lined cookie sheet. The "dough" won't stay in a ball - especially while cooking - so make sure to maintain a couple of inches between each cornbread cookie.
- Bake for 10 - 13 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Enjoy your cheesy cornbread cookies while warm for best results!