It's national banana bread day, which means your social media feed is probably completely filled with banana bread recipes. This won't be like those posts (though you're always welcome to try out our vegan banana recipe); instead we created a banana bread pancake that is a practically perfect addition to any family breakfast or dinner.
Follow the recipe below to test this out in your kitchen, and let us know your thoughts! If you do use this banana bread buttermilk pancake recipe, take a photo and share it with us on social media. Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account or stories!
Banana Bread Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
For the Banana Pancake:
- 2 cups of Lehi Mills Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1 1/2 cups of buttermilk
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of bananas (mashed)
- 2 tablespoons of butter (softened)
For the Buttermilk Syrup:
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/4 cup of buttermilk
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pour the buttermilk pancake mix into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the buttermilk, water, mashed bananas, and vanilla.
- Add the liquids to the pancake mix, and mix in the mashed bananas and softened butter. Stir until just combined (don't try to remove all the lumps).
- Pour about 1/4 of a cup of pancake batter onto a preheated griddle. Flip. Once cooked, place on a cooling rack.
- To make the syrup, pour the buttermilk into a large saucepan on medium heat. Stir in the sugar and butter and bring to a boil.
- After 5 minutes, turn off the stove and add the vanilla and baking soda. Immediately remove from heat to avoid the bubbles from spilling over.
- Drizzle the syrup onto you banana bread buttermilk pancakes and enjoy!