Now that it’s officially Fall, it’s time to start making cozy meals! One of the easiest cozy meals that you can make is Turkey Chipotle Chili with Cornbread (made from Lehi Mills cornbread mix)! Made with low fat ground turkey, lots of spices, cocoa powder, and black beans, this chili is a hearty, yet relatively low calorie comfort food!
Don’t let the chocolate or the chipotle scare you! This chili recipe has whole chipotle chilis and cocoa powder to create a rich and decadent flavor that warms you from the inside out! Pair it with cornbread for an extra comforting meal.
Lehi Mills Cornbread Mix makes it so easy to whip up delicious, homemade cornbread. All you have to do is pour the mix in a bowl and add water. That’s it! This cornbread is so soft and fluffy and has the perfect balance of sweet and savory! Order it online or find it at the mill if you want to try it for yourself!
If you use this recipe, take a photo and share it with us on social media. Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account or stories!
Turkey Chipotle Chili
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound of extra lean ground turkey
- 2-3 chipotle chili peppers in adobo, minced
- 2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 2 14.5 oz cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 14 oz can of chicken broth
- 2 15.5 oz cans of black beans
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Tortilla Chips (optional)
- Add the olive oil to a medium stock pot over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the onion, bell pepper, and ground turkey. Cook until the vegetables are softened, and the turkey is browned.
- Add the chipotle peppers, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cumin, cocoa powder, and brown sugar. Stir until all the spices are incorporated. Add the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and black beans. Simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Serve topped with sour cream, sliced avocado, and crushed tortilla chips. Enjoy!
- Lehi Mills Cornbread Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup frozen corn kernels (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Transfer to a greased 8x8 pan. Bake for 25 minutes. If you added frozen corn, you might need to bake it for an extra 5-10 minutes.
- Let cool and slice. Serve with butter and a drizzle of honey! Enjoy!