It's Mardi Gras season, which means it's time to party with some beads and beignets! Though we won't be tossing beads from the Mill anytime soon, we will be sharing a simple beignet recipe you can make at home using your Lehi Mills pancake mix!
These beignets turned out so airy and fluffy that I actually liked them better than some of the beignets I've tried in New Orleans. The recipe is also so simple that you will probably continue using the recipe even when Mardi Gras is over! So, as they say in Louisiana, laissez les bons temps rouler — let's get cooking and let the good times roll!
Follow the recipe below to test this out in your kitchen, and let us know your thoughts! If you do use this recipe, take a photo and share it with us on social media. Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account or stories!
Pancake Mix Beignet Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups of Lehi Mills Classic Pancake Mix
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 2 cups of vegetable oil (for frying)
- Powdered sugar (for dusting)
- In a small bowl, combine the pancake mix and milk. Stir until the contents begin to pull away from the edges and a soft dough forms.
- Place the dough onto a well floured surface. Roll out to slightly less than 1/4 of an inch.
- Cut into rectangles/squares or use a cookie cutter; you can make it however big or small you want, but make sure it'll fit into your the pan. Most beignets are roughly 4x4.
- Place vegetable oil into a sauce pan and let heat on stove until it reaches 325F.
- Once heated, carefully place a dough square into the hot oil; it should puff slightly in the middle. Let cook and flip with metal tongs.
- Remove and place onto paper towels. Repeat for remaining rectangles/squares.
- Dust finished beignets with a generous amount of powdered sugar. Please note, the beignet experience is not complete unless, after eating, you end up dusted in powder sugar.