This just screams Easter breakfast! These Carrot Cake Pancakes with Cream Cheese Frosting are practically begging to be made. You're in luck, because this dish is pretty easy and tastes amazing! We used our Classic Pancake Mix and jazzed it up with all of your favorite carrot cake spices and flavors and topped it with a yummy cream cheese frosting.
The key to making these carrot cake pancakes is grating the carrots extra finely. A microplane zester will give you the perfect texture. If the pieces are too big, they won't cook quick enough. A zester makes the carrots just the right size so that they cook evenly and keep the pancake perfectly moist!
If you don't want to start out your day with cream cheese frosting (why wouldn't you!?), you can top your pancakes with maple syrup! If you're willing to try it though, the cream cheese frosting really takes this dish to the next level.
If you use this Pecan Pie Bar recipe, take a photo and share it with us on social media. Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account or stories!
Carrot Cake Pancakes with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
Carrot Cake Pancakes:
- 2 cups of Classic Pancake Mix
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
- 1 cup of finely grated carrots
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of whipped cream cheese
- splash of milk
- Mix the pancake mix, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger in a medium bowl. Add the grated carrots, beaten egg, vanilla, and sugar. Mix until just combined. Cook on a greased griddle or skillet until cooked throughout.
- Meanwhile, beat the powdered sugar and whipped cream cheese until combined. Add a splash of milk if it is too thick.
- Top the pancakes with cream cheese frosting, chopped walnuts, and coconut. Enjoy!