Eggnog is one of those classic Christmas flavors that tastes so nostalgic. We love these Eggnog Streusel Muffins because they taste exactly like Christmas! They’re made like a coffee cake, so they have a little bit of streusel baked inside and on top.
Baking with eggnog is one of our very favorite things. Eggnog is so rich and full of yummy, Christmassy flavors, that it makes a perfect addition to any baked good! For these eggnog muffins, we used our Golden Harvest muffin mix and added eggnog in place of water. The eggnog makes our Multigrain Muffins even more flavorful and soft.
If you’ve followed along, you know that we love a crumble muffin! This streusel is a variation on our classic crumble topping recipe that makes a yummy topping and filling.
To make these muffins, layer the batter and filling to make a muffin with a soft streusel center that is reminiscent of a mini coffee cake!
If you make these Eggnog Muffins, take a photo and share it with us on social media. Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiFamily. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account!
Eggnog Streusel Muffins
- 1 box Lehi Mills Multigrain Muffin Mix
- 1 ½ cups eggnog
- 2 tbsp oil
- 5 tbsp salted butter
- ½ cup Lehi Mills Peacock Flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine muffin mix, eggnog, and oil in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cut in the butter and combine until it forms a streusel.
- In a greased muffin tin, add about a tablespoon of batter. Add about a teaspoon of the streusel on top and cover with more batter. Top with more streusel. Repeat for all 12 muffins.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until baked through. Enjoy your eggnog muffins!