It's red, white, and blue season! We love the Fourth of July, mainly because of the amount of food created and consumed during the summer holiday. Sometimes the sheer amount of family obligations can be overwhelming - barbeques, block parties, family dinner, pancake breakfasts, etc. But don't worry! We've pulled together some of our favorite (and easy) fourth of July dessert ideas for you to use at your next event!
If you use any of these Fourth of July dessert ideas, take a photo and share it with us on social media. Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account or stories!
5 Fourth of July Desserts
1. Sugar Cookie Pop-Tart
- 1 bag of Lehi Mills Sugar Cookie mix
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons water
- 1 jar of raspberry jam
- 1 jar of blueberry jam
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine sugar cookie mix with softened butter and 3/4 cup of water. Knead until well incorporated.
- With a rolling pin, roll out the dough to 1/4 in thickness.
- Use a square cookie cutter (roughly 4 inches in size) to cut out different squares; these will serve as both the pop tart top and bottom (make sure to have an even number).
- If desired, use a small cookie cutter to punch a shape into several top pieces, making sure to keep the hole in the center; for our fourth of July cookies, we used a patriotic star.
- Place several sugar cookie squares on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. These will be the bottom of the pop tarts. Add a tablespoon of jam onto each square and spread it around with a spoon, being careful to maintain a border along the edges.
- Gently line up a top square with the bottom square, add a dab of water along the edges, and press together with fork tines. This will help seal the squares together to create the pop tart.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 for the remaining dough.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Mix together the powdered sugar, water, and vanilla extract to form a light glaze. Once the strudels have cooled, drizzle them with glaze and top with sprinkles!
- When ready, enjoy it with your family at your next fourth of July barbeque!
2. Red, White, & Blue Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups of Lehi Mills Chocolate Chip Cookie mix
- 1/2 cup of butter (softened)
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 cup of patriotic m&m's
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine the cookie mix, softened butter, water, and m&m's. Stir until well incorporated.
- Place 2-inch balls of cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet, with about 3 inches in between them. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Once golden, remove from the oven and let cool on a cooling rack. Enjoy your fourth of July cookies while warm, cold, or with a glass of milk!
3. Fourth of July Brownie Bites
- 1 box of Lehi Mills Double Fudge Brownie mix
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- vanilla ice cream
- 4th of July sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the brownie mix, water, and vegetable oil; beat with an electric beater for 2 minutes on high.
- Pour the batter into a greased or lined cookie sheet and back for 15 – 25 minutes, or until the brownies are cooked through.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and let cool. Cut the brownie sheet into 4in x 2in sections.
- Spoon ice cream onto a brownie sheet and press another brownie on top. Roll the brownie ice cream sandwich in a bowl of fourth of July sprinkles and enjoy!
4. American Berry Freedom Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to spoon the muffin batter into a lined or greased muffin tray.
- Bake for 18 – 22 minutes, or until the muffins are a golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before enjoying your fourth of July muffins.
5. Sugar Cookie American Flag
Ingredients (For the sugar cookie):
- 1 package of Lehi Mills Sugar Cookie mix
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 3/4 cup of water
Ingredients (For the frosting):
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 block cream cheese, softened
- 2 T melted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1–2 Tbs milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar cookie mix, butter, and water; we recommend using either a kitchen mixer or your hands to thoroughly mix the ingredients.
- Knead out the dough into a lined or greased cookie sheet and try to keep it relatively level (otherwise, it’ll bake at different times). Place in the oven and bake for 15 – 25 minutes.
- While the cookie is baking, slice up the strawberries and make the cream cheese frosting by combining the powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and milk in a bowl. Spoon the frosting into a piping bag.
- Remove the cookie from the oven and let cool. Once it’s cooled, pipe a layer of frosting onto the cookie and begin designing the American flag out of blueberries, strawberries, and frosting. Take a picture of your fourth of July treat before cutting it into sections and eating it.