Banana bread is the perfect cure to your baking urge. The best part is you can make it at night and then eat it for breakfast in the morning!
This banana bread is super soft and has an optional crunchy brown sugar top! We highly recommend trying it though. But the best part is… it’s vegan! That’s right! Vegan banana bread is completely egg and dairy free.
This vegan banana bread has to be the easiest vegan dessert! In fact, this recipe is actually easier to make vegan—just omit the eggs! You don’t even need to add an egg substitute. Bananas do the trick.
Try out this vegan banana bread recipe! Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account or stories!
Vegan Banana Bread
For the Bread:
- 3 medium overripe bananas
- 1/3 cup of white sugar
- 1/3 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of Lehi Mills Peacock All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 - 1 cup of chopped walnuts, pecans, coconut, vegan chocolate chips, or your favorite mix-in (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of dark brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- Mash the bananas in a medium sized bowl. Add the white sugar, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla. Stir until well-combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until just combined. Do not overmix. The batter will be very thick!
- Fold in your desired mix-ins.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth out the top with a spatula. Sprinkle the top with brown sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Test with a toothpick to make sure it comes out clean.
- Let the pan cool for 15 minutes and then transfer the loaf to a cooling rack.