Am I the only one who, as soon as August 15th comes around, starts thinking about all the fall recipes I'm just dying to bake? Things like chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin-flavored everything, and, of course, banana bread! I am so excited to share this recipe because it's seriously the best banana bread I've ever tried (and so easy too) and it's got chocolate chips in it! Seriously, I'm drooling just writing about it.
If you decide to try this banana bread recipe out (and you really should), take a photo and share it with us on social media! Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily or #harvesttohome. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account! Don’t forget to follow us on our YouTube channel to be one of the first to see new recipes!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup of butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 cup of bananas, mashed
- 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips, optional
- 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar, eggs, sour cream, vanilla, and mashed bananas. Stir until moistened and well incorporated.
- To the wet ingredients add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. If desired, add in the chocolate chips as well.
- Divide the banana bread batter between two lined or greased loaf pans and bake for 40 - 50 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out cleanly).
- Remove the banana bread from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes in the loaf pan before removing and letting it cool completely on a cooling rack.
- To make the glaze, melt 1/2 cup of chocolate chips with 3 tablespoons of butter. This works best if you melt it in a Ziploc bag or piping bag, so you can cut off the corner to drizzle.
- Once the banana bread is cooled, drizzle with the chocolate glaze, if desired, before serving.