Once the weather starts to cool down, don’t you just want to start baking? There’s nothing cozier than pulling a warm baked good out of the oven when it’s cold outside! Fall baking is our absolute favorite!
You’re going to loooooove these Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls! They’re the softest, fluffiest dough ever with a slight perfectly subtle pumpkin taste. They’re sweet but not too sweet with a deliciously warm and pumpkin pie spice-y flavor!
Let us know what you think of these Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls! Try the recipe out and tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiFamily. We love to see you try out some of our favorite recipes that we share with you!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Recipe
For the Dough:
- 3/4 cup of milk, warm
- 1 (.25 ounce) package of instant or 'rapid rise' yeast (about 2 1/4 tsp)
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 3 1/4 – 3 1/2 cups of Turkey Bread Flour, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 4 tablespoons of butter, softened
- 1 8 oz can of pumpkin purée
- 1 egg
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 cup of brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
For the Icing:
- 1 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 6 oz. of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1–2 tablespoons of milk
- To make the dough, combine the warm milk (should be warm enough that you can comfortably place a finger in it; anything hotter will kill the yeast), sugar, and yeast in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes to activate.
- In a separate bowl, combine 2 cups of flour, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk together until well incorporated.
- Add the butter, pumpkin puree, egg, and yeast mixture to the dough and mix (by hand or with a kitchen aid), adding a couple of tablespoons of flour to the bowl until the dough is pulling away from the sides in a nice ball.
- Knead for 5 minutes before setting in an oiled bowl and letting rise until it has doubled in size (roughly 1 hour to 90 minutes).
- To make the filling, mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, butter, white sugar, and pumpkin spice together.
- Roll out the dough onto a floured surface, shaping it into a long rectangle with a rolling pin. Spread the filling mixture over the surface of the dough and use your hands or a spoon to gently spread it around (being careful to keep the filling away from the edges to prevent spillage).
- Carefully roll the dough into a long log shape and pinch the seam closed. Using a knife (or floss!) cut the log into 2-inch pieces and place each piece into a greased or lined 9x13 pan. Cover the pan with a clean towel and let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. When rolls have finished rising, bake for 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- For the icing, beat all the ingredients together and spread on warm pumpkin cinnamon rolls.