I am so excited that it’s October! Not only does that mean cooler temperatures, sweater weather, and changing leaves (which we all love), but it means Halloween is around the corner too! I love creating cute Halloween recipes that kids will love that are still slightly spooky and in season. I don’t know about you, but the majority of Halloween recipes are creepy and full of gore and are not something I love to serve at family parties – simply because they’re almost nauseatingly gross looking.
But these ghost sugar cookies are so simple that even the kiddos can help with the baking and decorating. It’s a great afternoon activity or party idea for the whole family; it’s total squad ghouls. See what we did there?
If you decide to try this Halloween recipe out (and you really should), take a photo and share it with us on social media! Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily or #harvesttohome. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account! Don’t forget to follow us on our YouTube channel to be one of the first to see new recipes!
Ghost Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 1 package of Lehi Mills Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 cup of water
- 3/4 cup of butter, softened
- Buttercream frosting
- Black gel writing pen
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the sugar cookie mix, water, and butter until well combined.
- Roll the dough out onto a floured surface until the dough is roughly 1/4 inch thick.
- Use a ghost-shaped cookie cutter to cut out sugar cookie shapes and lay them on a greased or lined cookie sheet. This recipe should make roughly two dozen ghost sugar cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 8 – 10 minutes. Remove the sheets from the oven and let cool before frosting. This is a great opportunity to bring in the kids and have them decorate the ghost cookies with the frosting and gel writing pen.