Have you ever had a skillet cookie before? Also known as pizookie, this hybrid pizza + cookie is basically a giant chocolate chip cookie. It’s served in a cast-iron skillet (or an 8x8 pan if you don’t have a cast iron!) and is half-baked so that it’s still gooey and delicious.
Our skillet cookie recipe uses our Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix, so it’s extra easy! You can find our mix at the mill or on our website!
With our mix all you have to do is add softened butter and water, mix, and bake!
For this dessert, you can bake the cookie until it’s a little gooey or bake it until it’s a little more done in the middle. Either way, eat it right when it comes out of the oven. Well, wait a minute so you don’t burn yourself, but eat it pretty soon after it comes out. This skillet cookie is best eaten warm—and topped with vanilla ice cream!
The easiest way to make pizookie is to use pre-made cookie dough, but store-bought cookie dough always tastes artificial and slightly metallic. So, using Lehi Mills Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix is almost as easy as that but tastes just like a homemade cookie!
This dessert serves about 5-6 people and is perfect for sharing! If you don’t finish this giant skillet cookie right in one sitting, (which you probably will) you can save it and cut it into bars for snacking on later!
If you’re serving a smaller group, or just want to eat it all by yourself, you can easily half this recipe. However, it will be thinner and cook a lot faster. Just keep an eye on it!
If you use this chocolate chip skillet cookie recipe, take a photo and share it with us on social media. Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account or stories!
We can’t wait for you to try out this recipe and to see what you think!
Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 2 ½ cups Lehi Mills Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups of the cookie mix, ½ cup butter, and the water. Start with 3 tablespoons of water and add another tablespoon if it is too dry.
3. Grease your cast-iron skillet or 8x8 pan with butter or cooking spray. Press the cookie dough evenly into the bottom of the pan.
4. Bake for 20-22 minutes for a doughy center or 23-25 minutes for a more well done cookie. Carefully remove the skillet from the oven using several towels or hot pads. The cast iron gets really hot and weighs a ton!
5. Let the cookie cool slightly, top with vanilla ice cream, and serve warm. Cut leftovers into bars or bite-sized pieces for a yummy snack!
Try it out today and let us know what you think!
Leave a comment