Is there ever a bad time of the year to enjoy a cheesecake? We certainly don’t think so, which is why we created this chocolate chip cheesecake recipe. It perfectly pairs the tartness of a traditional cheesecake recipe with the sweetness of our chocolate chip cookie mix because, well, the crust is our chocolate chip cookie mix! The best part is, you can use this recipe year-round, not just during the Halloween season (though it definitely was the best canvas for a skeleton, don’t you think?).
If you decide to try out this recipe, take a photo and share it with us on social media! Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily or #harvesttohome. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account! Don’t forget to follow us on our YouTube channel to be one of the first to see new recipes!
Chocolate Chip Cookie & Cheesecake Recipe
For the Chocolate Chip Cookie Crust:
- 2 1/2 cups of Chocolate Chip Cookie mix
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1/4 cup of graham cracker crumbs
For the Cheesecake:
- 3 blocks of cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, add the cookie mix, butter, water, and graham cracker and mix until well combined; we recommend either using a kitchen aid or your hands to mix everything together.
- Take chunks of dough and press them into the sides and bottom of a greased round springform cake pan; the size depends on your needs, but we found that an 8-inch cake pan made a cheesecake that served 8.
- Once the bottom and sides of the cake pan are covered, place the pan into the oven. Bake for 10 minutes before removing and using a measuring cup to press the bottom and sides into the pan. Place back in the oven to continue baking. Repeat every 10 minutes until the cookie crust is finished (roughly 30 minutes). Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- While the cookie crust cools, you can begin to make the no-bake cheesecake.
- Combine all of the ingredients into a large bowl, and beat with a kitchen aid or electric beater until well incorporated. Once finished, spoon the cheesecake batter into the cooled chocolate chip cookie crust and level it.
- Refrigerate for 6 – 12 hours (or overnight).
- When you’re ready to serve your chocolate chip cheesecake, carefully remove it from the springform cake pan. Take a black decorating pen and draw a skeleton face (if desired) onto the cheesecake before cutting and serving it to your friends and family.
- Enjoy your chocolate chip cheesecake topped with chocolate, fresh fruit, or even plain! Bone Appetit!