Skillet cookie recipes (also called pizookies) are taking over the internet — and with good reason! These recipes are served in a cast-iron skillet (or an 8×8 pan if you don’t have a cast iron) and are half-baked so that it’s still gooey and delicious.
The best part is, our pumpkin skillet cookie recipe uses our pumpkin chocolate chip cookie mix, so it’s extra easy! Whether you order the mix online or swing by the Mill to pick up a box, all you have to do to have a delicious and warm pumpkin skillet cookie is add vegetable oil and a can of pumpkin!
We also recommend baking the cookie until it’s a little gooey in the middle (but still cooked) and then topping it with vanilla ice cream! This dessert serves about 5-6 people and is perfect for sharing! If you don’t finish this giant skillet cookie right in one sitting, (which you probably will) you can save it and cut it into bars for snacking on later! If you’re serving a smaller group, or just want to eat it all by yourself, you can easily half this recipe or make this in mini skillets (which is what is pictured).
If you use this chocolate chip skillet cookie recipe, take a photo and share it with us on social media. Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account or stories!
We can’t wait for you to try out this recipe and see what you think!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 1 pouch of Lehi Mills Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- 3/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 15 oz. can of pumpkin
- 1 pint of vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the pumpkin chocolate chip cookie mix, vegetable oil, and can of pumpkin. Stir until well incorporated.
- Grease your cast-iron skillet or 8×8 pan with butter or cooking spray. Press the cookie dough evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes for a doughy center or 23-25 minutes for a more well-done cookie. Carefully remove the skillet from the oven using several towels or hot pads. The cast iron gets really hot and weighs a ton!
- Let the cookie cool slightly, top with vanilla ice cream, and serve warm. Cut leftovers into bars or bite-sized pieces for a yummy snack!
Note: If you’re making mini skillet pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, press the dough into the small skillet and bake for 15 minutes (or until baked through).