It’s pie day! Is there a better way to celebrate than with a delicious and classy caramel brownie pie? This pie recipe is so easy because you can use a homemade or store-bought crust (mind blowing, right?) and then you just add brownie batter to the dish. That’s my kind of pie recipe!
If you make this classy caramel brownie pie recipe, take a photo and share it with us on social media. Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account!
Classy Caramel Brownie Pie Recipe
for the pie
- 1 ½ cup Lehi Mills Peacock Flour, plus more for dusting
- ½ cup chilled vegetable shortening
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 3-5 tablespoons ice water
for the filling
- 1 box of Double Fudge Brownie mix
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of caramel, cubed
- 1 cup of pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To make the pie crust, follow our Perfect Flaky Pie Crust recipe.
- To make the filling, combine brownie mix, water, and vegetable oil in a mixing bowl. Stir at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour half the brownie batter into the pie plate and smooth with a spatula. Add desired amounts of caramel and pecans into the batter and pour remaining brownie batter on top.
- Add more caramel and nuts to the top of the brownie pie.
- Place in the oven and cook for 45 – 60 minutes, covering with aluminum foil about half way through cook time. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Top brownie pie with whipped cream or ice cream and enjoy!