If you’re looking for a yummy pumpkin breakfast, look no further! Pumpkin waffles are the perfect Fall breakfast to make with your family. You’ll go crazy for the fluffy texture and the perfect pumpkin flavor. The only thing that makes these waffles better is the buttermilk syrup.
Have you ever tried buttermilk syrup? Buttermilk syrup basically tastes like caramel. Adding cinnamon makes it this wonderfully warm and sticky treat that goes on top of your already delicious pumpkin waffles. You’ll want to pour this stuff on everything.
Honestly, once you start eating this you won’t want to stop!
If you make these Pumpkin Waffles with Cinnamon Buttermilk Syrup, take a photo and share it with us on social media! Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily or #harvesttohome. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account! Don’t forget to follow us on our YouTube channel to be one of the first to see new recipes!
Pumpkin Waffles with Cinnamon Buttermilk Syrup
For the Pumpkin Waffles:
- 2 cups of Lehi Mills Belgian Waffle Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree.
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon of brown sugar
For the Cinnamon Buttermilk Syrup:1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk*
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Belgian Waffle Mix, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the water, pumpkin puree, apple cider vinegar, and brown sugar.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Cook in a greased waffle iron until golden brown and cooked through.
- Combine the butter, buttermilk, and sugar in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Heat until the mixture starts to boil. Remove from heat and stir in the cinnamon, vanilla, and baking soda.
- Serve immediately over hot waffles enjoy!