You're startled awake in your bed by young voices pleading for breakfast. Grudgingly, you roll out of bed, cracking your eyes open into slits in order to see what time it is. 6 am. The tiny hands pull you towards the kitchen, where you sleepily stumble through the simple steps using your favorite mix to make waffles for your kids.
Sound somewhat familiar? Whether you're a mother, a father, a grandparent, or childless, we've all been in that half delirious I-just-woke-up state where we're trying to figure out what to make. Fortunately, Lehi Mills waffle recipe is so easy, you can basically do it half-asleep while you're waiting for your morning coffee to perk you up.
Make sure to stock any of our waffle or pancake mixes in your pantry for these types of mornings; breakfast made easy is essentially our middle name (well, if we had a middle name). We've got nearly a dozen breakfast mixes to choose from, and all of them include simple recipes to help you and your family out in the mornings.
If you decide to try out any of our mixes, take a photo and share it with us on social media! Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily or #harvesttohome. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account! Don’t forget to follow us on our YouTube channel to be one of the first to see new recipes!
Easy Waffle Recipe
- 1 cup of Belgian Waffle mix
- 1 cup of water
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a small bowl, combine the waffle mix and water.
- Spray your waffle iron before pouring 1/4 cup of waffle batter into the waffle iron.
- Once the waffle is cooked, carefully remove it and place on a cooling rack before serving; we find this helps allow the steam to leave the waffle and prevent it from getting soggy while on a plate.
- Top your waffle with whatever toppings you prefer — syrup, fresh fruit, chocolate chips, oreos, nutella, jam, etc — before digging in and enjoying!