We're so excited to share these cheddar bacon rosemary waffles.
Yes, you heard that right. Cheddar. Bacon. Rosemary. Waffles. Imagine it: sharp cheddar, fragrant herbs, salty bacon, and a warm waffle. If you’ve never had savory waffles, you must try them. Savory waffles are basically an excuse to eat waffles for every meal! These waffles are great for dinner, but also work for breakfast or brunch.
The best part? Top it with sour cream and fresh rosemary. I know, it sounds kind of weird. But give it a shot before you judge it. You might be surprised at how much you actually love it.
Use Lehi Mills Belgian Waffle Mix as the base. The waffles are fluffy and just the right amount of crispy. They’re not too sweet so that they overpower the savory flavor, but add just the right amount of sweetness to keep things interesting.
We also recommend using a good quality sharp cheddar. Don’t skimp on it! The best cheddar comes from your local artisan cheese shop, but there are a few hidden grocery store gems. Do your research! For example, Trader Joe’s has some quality cheeses that are worth trying — choose your favorite.
Let's get to cooking, shall we? You already know what you’re having for dinner tonight!
If you decide to try out this savory waffle recipe, take a photo and share it with us on social media! Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily or #harvesttohome. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account! Don’t forget to follow us on our YouTube channel to be one of the first to see new recipes!
Cheddar Bacon Rosemary Waffles
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 ½ cups of Lehi Mills Belgian Waffle Mix
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons of chopped rosemary
- 1 fried egg
- Cook 4 strips of bacon in a pan until crispy. Place on a paper towel to dry. Once cooled, crumble into small pieces. Set the pan with the bacon grease aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine Lehi Mills Belgian Waffle Mix, water, and a few shakes of salt and pepper.
- Grease waffle iron. Pour mix into iron. Before closing, throw a handful of cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, and rosemary right on top of the mix.
- Cook until golden and the cheese is nice and crispy. If you’re cooking a lot of waffles, you can keep them in the microwave, or the oven set to 200°F.
- Top each waffle with a fried egg, drizzle of honey, and rosemary.