I don’t know if this would qualify as a breakfast or dessert waffle, but regardless of what category you’d place it under, these caramel waffle acorns are the perfect Thanksgiving treat to share with your family and friends! And like most of our recipes, they’re incredibly easy to make too. Simply drizzle your waffle with warm caramel, sprinkle with festive sprinkles, and add a mini Reese’s peanut butter cup on top for the stem; it dresses up your Thanksgiving breakfast table while adding a nod to the holiday season.
If you make these caramel waffle acorns for your Thanksgiving table, take a photo and share it with us on social media. Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily or #harvesttohome. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account! Don’t forget to follow us on our YouTube channel to be one of the first to see new recipes!
Caramel Waffle Acorn Recipe
- 2 cups of Lehi Mills Belgian Waffle mix
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of caramel, melted
- 12 Reese’s peanut butter cups
- 1/2 cup of holiday sprinkles
- Preheat your mini dash.
- In a bowl, whisk together the waffle mix and water; be careful to not over-stir the batter.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the mini dash.
- Once the waffle is cooked, remove it from the dash and place it on a cooling rack.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper under the cooling rack and drizzle the melted caramel over the top half of the cooked waffle.
- While the caramel is still warm, sprinkle the sprinkles onto the waffle and top with half of Reese’s peanut butter cup.