With 2023 upon us, we're all looking for ways to eat better and accomplish those new year resolutions we set (hopefully for longer than a week 😂). A great way to start your mornings off on the right foot is with a healthy breakfast sandwich! I know, I know, you're probably one click away from looking up "breakfast sandwich recipes" in Google — especially if you're the residential breakfast sandwich maker in your family. It can be hard figuring out creative morning meals that everyone, from the eat-everything-in-sight teenager to the pickiest person you swear has ever existed, will eat in your family.
Don't worry! We've got plenty of breakfast sandwich ideas to keep you and your family happy all year long. Well... maybe we don't have 365 breakfast sandwich recipes; but we do have a fantastic blog with plenty of breakfast ideas for everyone you're feeding in the mornings!
If you try out this breakfast sandwich recipe, take a photo and share it with us on social media. Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily or #harvesttohome. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account! Don’t forget to follow us on our YouTube channel to be one of the first to see new ideas and recipes!
The Best Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
- 2 cups of Lehi Mills Classic Pancake Mix
- 2 cups of water
- 6 sausage patties, frozen
- 6 eggs
- 6 slices of cheese
- Preheat your griddle and, in a small bowl, combine the pancake mix and water. Pour about 1/4 cup of pancake batter onto the griddle.
- While the pancakes are cooking, heat up (or make from scratch) your sausage patties.
- When the pancakes are ready, flip to cook the other side; once cooked through, remove from the griddle and place two on each plate.
- On the griddle or in a skillet, cook your eggs as desired (scrambled or sunny-side works best).
- When ready to eat, stack a pancake, sausage patty, egg, and slice of cheese and top off with another pancake.
- Spice as desired or dip into the condiment of your choice and enjoy your breakfast sandwiches.
If you're also looking for a vegan breakfast sandwich option, consider replacing the sausage patty, eggs, and cheese with a sliced avocado and sesame seeds! And don't forget to use our vegan pancake & waffle mix for the base.