Whether you're a seasoned chef or a kitchen novice, making pancakes using pancake mix can simplify the process while still delivering a plate full of goodness.
Pancakes are a breakfast classic that never fails to delight people of all ages. However, it can be difficult to make pancakes with the right lightness and texture.
Recommended: Get the Best Pancake Mix Available
In this guide, we'll walk you through the steps to create the perfect pancakes using pancake mix from Lehi Mills. We will help you achieve the ideal texture while adding creative twists to your creations.
Steps to make Perfect Pancakes with Pancake Mix:
1. Use Lehi Mills Pancake Mix: Most people might think they can never achieve high quality flavor from a pancake mix, but that’s just not true. Lehi Mills Pancake Mixes make better-than-homemade pancakes in a fraction of the time. With Lehi Mills, you can spend more time enjoying the moments with those you love rather than all that time cooking and still get a pancake that’s perfectly fluffy and unbelievably delicious.
2. Gather your ingredients: All you will need is your choice of Lehi Mills pancake mix, water, and any additional toppings or mix-ins you would like to add (maple syrup, fresh fruits, chocolate chips, whipped cream, etc). Having all your ingredients ready before you start will ensure a smooth process.
3. Don't Overmix Your Batter: In a mixing bowl, combine Lehi Mills Pancake mix with water according to the ratio on the package, until ingredients are just incorporated. Make sure you do not over mix the batter. Over mixing the batter causes the gluten to develop and will result in flat and chewy pancakes instead of light and fluffy pancakes.
4. Rest the Batter: Allow the batter to rest for a few minutes (ideally around 5-10 minutes). This helps the ingredients fully hydrate and results in fluffier pancakes.
5. Expert Tip: Allow your cooking surface to heat all the way up (to 375*) before you start cooking. If you put your pancake batter on a cooler surface, your pancakes will not be as fluffy. Using a preheated surface also allows the pancakes to cook evenly, all the way through.
6. Get Creative with toppings: Classic choices include maple syrup, butter, and fresh berries. However, don't be afraid to experiment with your favorite toppings – chocolate chips, cinnamon, nuts, whipped cream. Even savory options like bacon and eggs can make for delightful variations.
7. Serve and Enjoy
Using Lehi Mills pancake mix does not mean sacrificing quality. With a few simple steps, you can make perfect pancakes with Lehi Mills Buttermilk Pancake Mix and Classic Pancake Mix that are more scrumptious, more convenient, and more satisfying than even homemade pancakes.
Whether you are making a special weekend breakfast or a quick weekday treat, these tips will help you make pancakes that are a hit every time. If you have any tips of your own, we would love to hear in the comments.
We love to get creative in the kitchen and we hope you'll join us. If you decide to try our tips and recipes, we want to see it! Be sure to post a photo on your social media pages, tagging @lehimills, and using the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily or #HarvestToHome for the chance to be featured on our page as well. If you're not already following us on Instagram, Facebook or our YouTube channel, be sure to start to see all our latest recipes and ways to use your favorite Lehi Mills products.