Today we're sharing one of 2022's most successful Instagram reel recipes: very berry cinnamon rolls. These delicious cinnamon rolls (though they technically don't have any cinnamon in them) are perfect for any holiday — Valentine's day, Fourth of July, Mother's Day!
This year, we're making them for Valentine's day; can you believe it's already that time of year? Sometimes it seems like January drags on forever and then you blink and we're already quickly marching forward through the year!
Very Berry Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
For the Dough:
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 4 tablespoons of butter, cut into chunks
- 3 1/4 - 3 1/2 cups of Turkey Bread Flour, divided
- 1 (.25 ounce) package of instant or 'rapid rise' yeast
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
For the Filling:
- 2 cups of mixed berry jam
- 1 cup of sugar
- To make the cinnamon roll dough, place milk and 4 tablespoons of butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high for about 1 minute 30 seconds (the butter should be mostly melted, but do not boiled). Stir and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together 2 cups of flour, yeast, white sugar, and salt. When the milk mixture has cooled to warm (not hot) add it to the flour mixture along with the egg.
- Beat until well combined, about 1 minute. Add in the rest of the flour a few tablespoons at a time, being careful not to add too much. The dough should be soft and slightly tacky. Knead the dough for 5 minutes and let rise in a warm area for 30 minutes.
- When the dough has finished rising, roll it out into a rectangle about 12 x 14 inches. Spread the jam over the surface and use your fingers or the back of a spoon to gently spread around.
- Sprinkle the sugar onto the jam before rolling the dough, starting from the longer side of the rectangle; pinch the edges closed.
- Score the roll into 12 equal pieces and then cut it into rolls. Place in a 9 x 13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Cover the pan with a clean towel and let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. When the rolls have finished rising, bake for 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove the berry cinnamon rolls from the oven and let cool before consuming. If desired, drizzle with a cream cheese frosting, fresh fruit, or a fruit syrup.
Leave a comment