What's better than apple pie? An apple pie that takes half the effort! Apple galettes are THE BEST because they taste just like pie and take way less time!
If you decide to try out this apple pie galette recipe, take a photo and share it with us on social media! Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily or #harvesttohome. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account! Don’t forget to follow us on our YouTube channel to be one of the first to see new recipes!
Mini Apple Galette Recipe
For the Crust:
- 3 cups of Lehi Mills Peacock Flour
- 1 cup of chilled butter
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoon of vinegar
- 5-8 tablespoons of ice water
For the Filling:
- 3 large Granny Smith Apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Beaten egg
- Coarse sugar
- Cut the butter into cubes. Combine the flour, butter, and salt with a pastry cutter until the mixture comes together in pea sized crumbs.
- Add the vinegar, then sprinkle the water over the dough, one tablespoon at a time, and mix until the dough is just combined. You might not need to use all the water. Do not over work the dough.
- Gather the dough into a disk, wrap with plastic, and put into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling. Mix all filling ingredients together.
- Separate dough into three balls. Roll out each ball into a circle about 1/4" thick. Place on a baking sheet.
- Arrange 1/3 of the filling on each crust. Fold the edges of the dough over the filling. It should look like a pizza crust. Brush beaten egg and sprinkle coarse sugar over the crust if you’d like.
- Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.