When you hear oatmeal cookies, do you yawn? Well, you shouldn’t! Cinnamon oatmeal cookies don’t have to be bland and boring.
Lehi Mills Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookie Mix bakes up delicious, flavorful oatmeal cookies that are nice and soft in the middle but crispy and chewy on the edges, just like a perfect oatmeal cookie should be. So many oatmeal cookies end up cakey. You want a COOKIE. Not the top of a bland oatmeal muffin.
This mix is so easy! All you have to do is throw the mix in a bowl, add some eggs, butter, water, and your desired mix-ins, and mix until combined. Then scoop them out and pop them in the oven! That’s it! They’re almost homemade but a ton easier. No blending oats, leveling flour or mixing up baking soda and baking powder. They’re pretty impossible to mess up!
This mix is totally customizable and buildable, meaning that you can add anything to it and it won’t alter the baking results.
If you’re looking for a classic oatmeal raisin cookie, throw in some raisins. Want an extra-special chocolate chip cookie? Add some semi-sweet chocolate chips. Butterscotch chips. Coconut. Almonds. The possibilities are endless! This cookie serves as the perfect base for your own unique creation.
But, if you want a simple cinnamon oatmeal cookie, you can totally eat them plain. They’re good just by themselves! With perfect cinnamon flavor and wonderful texture, you won’t be missing out if you don’t add a mix-in.
Didn’t know that we carried this mix? Our Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookie Mix is available at the mill storefront and online, but not in local grocery stores. It’s a local favorite, and we’re so excited that it’s online so many others can try it.
If you use decide to try out this cinnamon oatmeal cookie, take a photo and share it with us on social media. Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account or stories!
Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 package of Lehi Mills Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookie Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of salted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 cup mix in of your choice: chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, dried cranberries, raisins, nuts etc (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the cookie mix, eggs, and softened* butter until combined. Fold in your mix-in, if using.
- Scoop into 2-inch balls and place on a greased or lined cookie sheet. Make sure you give them enough room to spread out. You’ll need to use 3-4 cookie sheets if you want to bake them all at once!
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the middles are set and the edges are browned. Move to a cooling rack and let cool. Enjoy!
*Tip: Leave butter out on the counter a few hours before to soften it. If you forget, you can microwave the butter in 5 second intervals, rotating the cube to a different side each time. It will take 15-25 seconds.