This Summer Zucchini Bread is a little lighter than other zucchini bread recipes, which makes it the perfect dessert when it’s hot out! Lightened up with 2% fat Greek yogurt, honey instead of sugar, and only 1/3 cup of oil for the whole loaf, this bread is a perfect summer treat. Plus, it has a full cup of zucchini! That basically counts as a salad then, right?
Zucchini bread is the perfect way to use up all of your garden-grown zucchini!
This zucchini bread is made with pumpkin pie spice instead of traditional ground cinnamon. The pumpkin pie spice adds just a hint of nutmeg and ginger that make the flavors really special.
This zucchini bread recipe uses Lehi Mills Turkey Bread Flour instead of all-purpose, which makes it extra light and airy! Be sure to mix as little as possible to prevent the batter from going tough. Always err on the side of undermixing when it comes to quick bread.
Serve this bread with or without the salted honey butter—it’s good either way—but keep in mind that salted honey butter is always a good idea. So we would recommend that you try it out!
If you make this zucchini bread recipe, take a photo and share it with us on social media. Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiFamily. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account. We can’t wait for you to try out this recipe and to see what you think!
Summer Zucchini Bread with Salted Honey Butter
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups Lehi Mills Turkey Brand Bread Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 1 cup packed shredded zucchini
Salted Honey Butter
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Grate your zucchini. Place it in a clean dish towel and wring out the excess moisture. In a medium bowl, mix the zucchini, oil, honey, egg, yogurt, and vanilla together until combined. Add the baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix to combine. Add the flour and fold very carefully. Mix until just barely combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 45-48 minutes, or until it passes the toothpick test.
- While the bread is baking, make the honey butter. Combine the butter and honey in a small bowl and mix. You could also use a hand mixer if you want it to be a little fluffier.
- When the bread is done, set on a wire rack to cool. Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving. Or sneak one slice while it’s still warm. We won’t tell! 😉
- Slice and serve the bread with a smear of honey butter on top. Enjoy!
Let us know what you think of the recipe! Tag us on Instagram or Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiFamily.