Waffles are amazing. Chicken is great. Sriracha sauce is to die for. Combine all three and you get a killer Chicken and Waffles recipe. Let’s be honest – whoever came up with the idea of putting fried chicken and waffles together was a genius and our taste buds are thankful.
The most common chicken and waffle pairing seems to come from the American soul food tradition. Well, it’s time to turn it up a notch. Add a blend of Sriracha and maple syrup to this uniquely American dish and give your soul food a hot kick in the flavors.
- 1 Lehi Mills waffle (Belgian or Whole-Grain)
- Maple Syrup
- Sriracha sauce
- 1 Chicken tender (Store bought or homemade)
- Sprouts or greens for garnish (optional)
- Follow the directions on the Lehi Mills Waffle Mix box to make your waffle.
- Combine the syrup and Sriracha sauce in a small, microwave-safe bowl and microwave the mixture at high for about 15-20 seconds or until warm.
- Heat up chicken tender and place on top of syrup covered Lehi Mills waffle.
- Drizzle the chicken with syrup/Sriracha mix and enjoy!