What’s your favorite cookie? Is it chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, or peanut butter? Personally, I love snickerdoodles, which is part of the reason we decided to mix things up with our sugar cookie mix. I was shocked at how simple it is to turn sugar cookies into a completely different cookie (though maybe I’m the only person in the world who didn’t realize snickerdoodles have a sugar cookie base).
Anyway, if you make and enjoy these snickerdoodles, take a photo and share it with us on social media. Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account!
Snickerdoodle Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 1 package of Lehi Mills Sugar Cookie mix
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a medium bowl add the sugar cookie mix, butter, and water. Use a stand mixer to mix until just combined; if you don’t have a stand mixer, use your hands to knead until incorporated.
- Add the sugar to a small bowl and use a fork to stir in the cinnamon. Pour half of the mixture into the cookie dough and mix until well combined.
- Roll 2-inch balls of cookie dough into the remaining cinnamon-sugar mix. Place onto a greased cookie sheet, with about 3 inches in between them. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Once golden, remove snickerdoodles from the oven and let cool on a cooling rack. Enjoy with a glass of milk.