Try out these cheddar bacon rosemary waffles.
Yes, you heard that right. Cheddar. Bacon. Chive. Waffles. Imagine it: sharp cheddar, fragrant herbs, salty bacon, and warm waffle. If you’ve never tried savory waffles, you must try them. Savory waffles are basically an excuse to eat waffles for every meal! These waffles are great for dinner, but also work for breakfast or brunch.
The best part? Top with sour cream and fresh rosemary. Give it a shot. You’ll love it!
Use Lehi Mills Belgian Waffle Mix as the base. The waffles are fluffy and just the right amount of crispy. They’re not too sweet so that they overpower the savory flavor, but add just the right amount of sweetness to keep things interesting.
Use a good quality sharp cheddar. Don’t skimp on it. The best cheddar comes from your local artisan cheese shop, but there are a few hidden grocery store gems. Do your research. Trader Joe’s has some quality cheeses that are worth trying. Choose your favorite.
You know what you’re having for dinner tonight!
Cheddar Bacon Rosemary Waffles
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 3-4 waffles
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 ½ cups Lehi Mills Belgian Waffle Mix
- 1 cup 2 TB water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 TB chopped rosemary
- Sour cream
- Cook 4 strips of bacon in a pan until crispy. Place on a paper towel to dry. Once cooled, crumble into small pieces. Set the pan with the bacon grease aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine Lehi Mills Belgian Waffle Mix, water, and a few shakes of salt and pepper.
- Grease waffle iron. Pour mix into iron. Before closing, throw a handful of cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, and rosemary right on top of the mix.
- Cook until golden and the cheese is nice and crispy. If you’re cooking a lot of waffles, you can keep them in the microwave, or the oven set to 200°F.
- Top each waffle with a dollop of sour cream and garnish with rosemary.
— Lindsay S.