Want a meal that feels fancy but isn’t hard to make? Try our delicious Lemon Ricotta Pancakes! These pancakes are so moist (sorry, but there’s no other way to describe them) and soft and melt in your mouth good. How? Ricotta cheese. Who would’ve thought that the stuff that goes inside lasagna would also make pancakes so good?
After you’re done cooking the pancakes, you’ll assemble a stack with a layer of lemon curd between each pancake. Then, top them with more lemon curd, berries, and whipped cream. Any berry works, so use what you have. There truly is no better combination than ricotta pancakes, lemon curd, and berries.
Are you drooling yet? These pancakes are perfect for slow mornings when you don’t really feel like cooking but still want to eat something yummy. And you’re probably all feeling that right now.
But, if you want a quicker and easier meal, just use one of our pancake mixes and add ricotta cheese and lemon zest! It will still be delicious and so simple!
Try out these Lemon Ricotta Pancakes and let us know what you think!
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Lemon Curd and Berries
- 1 ½ cups Lehi Mills Peacock Flour
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup lemon curd (homemade or store-bought)
- Whipped Cream
- Mix the dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside. In another bowl, mix the eggs, vegetable oil, buttermilk, lemon zest, vanilla, and ricotta cheese. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Cook the pancakes on a greased griddle until cooked through.
- To assemble each serving, place one pancake on a plate and spread lemon curd over the top. Stack another pancake on top and spread lemon curd again. Repeat for desired number of pancakes. Top with berries, whipped cream, and more lemon curd, if desired. Enjoy!