While the sweltering heat of summer is bearing down on us at the moment, it won’t be long before the smells of fall are in the air, and everyone’s thoughts turn to Halloween, hayrides, and the spooky treats that the fall season brings.
Why wait until fall to get your spooky treat fix, however? For many of us, we still want our spooky treats, such as spider web brownies in the summer.
Whether it’s for a horror movie night or just because, what’s not to love about brownies? Don’t forget to make them with Lehi Mills Organic All-Purpose Flour and other Lehi Mills Organic products as well.
Just in case you want to bake your spider web brownies on a hot sweltering summer day, we’ll tell you how to make your very own batch of brownies below.
Amazing Spider Web Brownies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 1 Box Lehi Mills Double Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix all ingredients, and pour into a lightly greased pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. When a toothpick stuck into the center of the brownies comes out clean, the brownies are done.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely, then cut into squares
- We’ll give you a couple of different methods for decorating your spider web brownies in our next section.
Simple Spiderweb Brownies
Sometimes, especially in the middle of the summer, you want a simple recipe. We’ll give you that in the recipe below.
Prep Time: 18 minutes
Cook Time: 28 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 46 minutes
Servings: 2 dozen small or one dozen large brownies
What You’ll Need
- Enough batter for one batch of fudge brownies. Lehi Mills Brownie Mix is the best.
- Half of an eight-ounce package of cream cheese. It needs to be at room temperature before you use it.
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- One tablespoon of Lehi Mills Organic All-Purpose Flour
- 1 egg yolk (large)
- 1/2 a teaspoon of peppermint extract (This is optional but yummy!)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Prepare your brownie mix per the instructions on the box
- Pour the batter into a 13×9 pan or two round 8-inch pans. Don’t forget to grease your brownie pans.
- Set aside your brownie mixture, combine your flour, cream cheese, and sugar in a small bowl, and then mix it thoroughly.
- Add your peppermint extract and the egg yolk, then mix again.
- Put the mixture into a disposable pastry bag, then cut off the tip of the bag.
- Pour a small bit of the mixture onto the center of the brownie batter. Draw circles roughly one inch apart around the mixture pool.
- Once your circles are complete, take a knife, wet the tip, and draw it from the center of the circle to the edge of the brownie mixture.
- Repeat this motion to create your spider webs.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the brownies are just barely starting to pull away from the pan.
- Let the brownies cool completely, then cut into squares.
- Give them to your little goblins, and enjoy!
How to Create Spider Webs for Spider Web Brownies
As previously stated, you can create your spider webs by using a cream cheese mixture and a piping bag. However, there are a couple of different ways to get the spooky effect. We’ll talk about a few of the best ways to decorate those spiderweb brownies below.
With a Knife
As stated in our second recipe above, it’s easy to create spider webs with a knife. Simply follow the steps above, and soon you’ll have spooky spider web brownies galore.
If you’re wanting to create your spider webs with frosting, all it takes is a sandwich bag, frosting, a bowl, and a microwave. Start by heating your frosting up in a microwave-safe dish for about 10 seconds. Once that’s done, put the frosting into a sandwich bag. Fill it about half the way full with vanilla frosting, so you have room. Next, take your kitchen scissors and snip off one corner of the baggie, then gently squeeze the frosting in a spiral onto the brownie.
You can use toothpicks to drag the frosting to the ends of the brownie. Repeat the process with all the brownies you have, and you’re done!
No matter how you decide to make the spider webs on your spider web brownies, they’ll be the treat of the night! So why not make a family night of it. Make some popcorn, find age-appropriate horror movies, and spend some quality time together as a family. Nothing says spooky like spider web brownies, after all!
Healthy Is Key
Of course, when making spider web brownies, you want only the best, healthiest ingredients. That’s why so many bakers and cooks use our Lehi Mills products as the cornerstone of their baking.
Whether it’s our Lehi Mills Organic All-Purpose Flour or our pancakes, waffle mix, or snacks, we have you covered in the organic baking department.
Your Spider Web Brownies will be so much better with organic Lehi Mills products involved.
Make Your Spider Web Brownies Today!
One of these spider web brownies recipes should work for your summer horror night or for the Halloween season when the time comes around. If you enjoyed reading about amazing brownie recipes, don’t forget to check out our other blogs.
If you’re looking for wholesome ingredients for recipes, contact us today to meet your needs!