Who else is so excited that it’s Spring? For us, springtime means having the scent of homemade cinnamon rolls wafting throughout the house. This recipe is perfect anytime, but the festive sprinkles make it an extra special treat for the Easter season. We tweaked our amazing pumpkin cinnamon roll recipe; don’t worry, we took out the pumpkin.
If you use this homemade cinnamon roll recipe, take a photo and share it with us on social media. Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account!
Homemade Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 Tbs butter, cut into chunks
- 3 1/4 – 3 1/2 cups Turkey Bread Flour, divided
- 1 (.25 ounce) package instant or ‘rapid rise’ yeast (about 2 1/4 tsp)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 block cream cheese, softened
- 2 T melted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1–2 Tbs milk
- Springtime sprinkles
- To make the homemade cinnamon roll dough, place milk and 4 tablespoons butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high for about 1 minute 30 seconds. Butter should be mostly melted, but do not boil. Stir and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together 2 C flour, yeast, white sugar, and salt. When milk mixture has cooled to warm (not hot) add it to the flour mixture along with the egg. Beat until well combined, about 1 minute. Add in the rest of the flour a few tablespoons at a time, being careful not to add too much. The dough should be soft and slightly tacky. Knead dough for 5 minutes.
- Turn homemade cinnamon roll dough out onto a floured surface and let rest for about 10 minutes while you make the filling.
- For the filling, mix together softened butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- When the dough has finished rising, roll it out into a rectangle about 12 x 14 inches. Spread brown sugar mixture over the surface and use your fingers or the back of a spoon to gently spread around. Roll up from the longer side of the rectangle and pinch edges closed.
- Score the roll into 12 equal pieces and then cut into rolls. Place in a 9 x 13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Cover pan with a clean towel and let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. When rolls have finished rising bake for 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- For the icing, beat together the powdered sugar, cream cheese, melted butter, milk, and vanilla. Spread on the homemade cinnamon rolls while warm and top with desired amount of sprinkles.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Note, for more festive homemade cinnamon rolls, you can incorporate the sprinkles throughout the dough.