It’s the most wonderful time of the year, aka peach season! Peaches are pretty much the most delicious summer fruit that ever existed, so we’re here to share a delicious way to eat them!
Today we’re sharing a Cinnamon Peach Dutch Baby recipe!
Have you ever tried a Dutch Baby pancake? Also known as puff pancake and German pancake, a Dutch Baby pancake is a delicious egg-based pancake that has a wonderful texture and rich buttery taste.
This recipe calls for all of the normal Dutch Baby ingredients, but with a twist. The pancake batter calls for pumpkin pie spice and a splash of vanilla and then is topped with fresh peach slices. The cinnamon and vanilla flavors combine so nicely with the peaches.
This recipe is also super convenient to make when you want to feed a crowd but don’t want to spend the time making tons of individual pancakes. This Cinnamon Peach Dutch Baby recipe serves 2-3 adults, but you can easily double it and use a 12-inch cast iron skillet or 9×13 pan instead.
If you make this Cinnamon Peach Dutch Baby recipe, take a photo and share it with us on social media. Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiFamily. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account. We can’t wait for you to try out this recipe and to see what you think!
Cinnamon Peach Dutch Baby
2 tbsp salted butter
1 peach, thinly sliced
½ cup milk
1 tbsp sugar
1¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice (or ground cinnamon)
1 tsp vanilla
Powdered sugar, for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 450F. Place the butter in a 10-inch cast iron skillet or 9×9 pan. Place the skillet or pan in the oven for about 3-5 minutes, until the butter is melted. Watch it carefully so that it doesn’t burn! When it’s all melted, remove from the oven.
2. While the butter is melting, thinly slice the peaches. Set aside.
3. Add the eggs, flour, milk, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla to a blender. Blend until smooth.
4. Pour the batter into the skillet with the melted butter. Place the peach slices on top of the batter. Arrange them in a nice pattern for an extra pretty pancake!
5. Put back in the oven carefully, as the skillet will still be hot, and bake for 14-18 minutes, or until the sides are puffed and golden brown. Resist the temptation to open the oven before the pancake is done. It will fall!
6. When the Dutch Baby is baked, let it cool for a few minutes before serving. Slice and top with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
You have to try this recipe! With cinnamon and peaches galore, it’s the perfect summer brunch food!
Let us know what you think of the recipe! Try it out and tag us on Instagram or Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiFamily. We love to see you try out the recipes that we share with you!