Crepe cakes are the cutest cake trend we know of. They’re perfect for weddings, birthday breakfasts, family parties, or get-togethers. They’re really easy to make, though we recommend using a crepe maker, since a crepe cake has a lot of crepe layers!
Crepe Cake Recipe
- 1 box of Lehi Mills Original Pancake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/4 c milk
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 c powdered sugar
1. Dump the pancake mix into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the center and pour in the eggs and milk into the well. Carefully mix until no lumps remain. Add in the vanilla and salt and stir until smooth. Add more milk (or less) if you want thinner crepes.
2. If using a crepe maker, follow the instructions given with the equiment. If using a crepe pan, carefully pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the heated pan. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
3. After about 2 minutes, use a spatula to carefully flip the crepe to cook the otherside.
4. When cooked, place the finished crepe on a sheet of parchament paper.
5. Repeat steps 2 – 4 until you have your desired amount of crepes.
6. To make the whipped creme, pour the heavy whipping cream into a mixing bowl and beat until creamy. Carefully stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until it reaches the consitancy you desire. (You can add more powdered sugar or less depending on how sweet you want it).
7. To make the crepe cake, place a crepe onto a cake plate and add a dollop of whipped cream, Spread with a spatula until even and add another crepe. Continue alternating crepe and whipped cream layers until you run out or reach the desired height.
8. Top with fresh fruit, jam, or chocolate.