Happy Cinco de Mayo! Today we’re celebrating with a very special recipe that is probably already one of your very favorites… Disneyland churros! Disneyland released its churros recipe so that all of you can have a little taste of the happiest place on Earth while at home.
These churros are soooo delicious, especially paired with thick dulce de leche. The best part about making them at home is you can eat them while they’re fresh and dunk them in yummy dulce de leche.
You can buy dulce de leche at the grocery store or online or even make your own. We’ve included an easy microwave dulce de leche recipe that you can make from a can of sweetened condensed milk!
Try out this churros recipe and let us know what you think! Share your photos with us on Instagram @lehimills.
Disneyland Churros with Dulce de Leche
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 ¼ cups Lehi Mills Peacock Flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup sugar
Dulce de Leche
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
Dulce de Leche
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a medium-sized microwave safe glass bowl. Microwave on high for 2 minutes, then take out and whisk. Microwave again for 2 1/2 minutes and whisk. Repeat for 10 minutes, or until desired color and thickness. Dulce de leche should be thick and caramel colored.
- Combine water, butter, salt, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in 1 ½-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 min.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Using caution, heat oil in medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350˚.
- Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with clean kitchen scissors, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry. (Pro Tip: Have one person pipe churros and another person cut them to go faster!)
- Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
- Drain churro bites on paper towel. (Pro Tip: Keep churros warm in a tortilla warmer while you finish cooking the rest!
- Mix sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.