The only thing better than a delicious pancake breakfast is a delicious chocolate chip pancake breakfast. Get ready to bite into a fluffy pancake bursting with warm, gooey chocolate chips. You can follow the instructions to make the pancakes from scratch or use one of our delicious pancake mixes and just add chocolate chips to your liking. It’s your breakfast, your way.
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp (1/2 stick) unsalted butter (plus butter for cooking)
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup chocolate chips (or to taste)
- Beat eggs in a large bowl until frothy.
- Mix in the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, milk, and butter.
- Stir until slightly lumpy.
- Mix in the chocolate chips. (Or, you can sprinkle them on the pancake as they cook on the pan.)
- Set a large nonstick pan or griddle to medium heat and let it warm for three minutes. Butter the pan or spray with non-stick cooking spray of your choice.
- Pour pancake batter (about ¼ cup of batter for each pancake) onto pan, making circles three inches wide and one inch apart from each other.
- If you did not mix in the chocolate chips earlier, sprinkle chocolate chips on pancakes now.
- Cook pancake until the top is bubbly. Use a spatula to flip the pancakes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Use a Mix
Of course, we always have our delicious pancake mixes: Original, Buttermilk, and Whole-Grain. Follow the instructions on the package and add ¾ cup of milk chocolate chips (or as desired). We recommend our Buttermilk Pancake mix that goes perfectly with chocolate chips. Fluffy, warm, and chocolate-y, it is guaranteed to make breakfast something to smile about.
Top with fresh fruit and powdered sugar to make it extra yummy.
Add to your breakfast with our tasty Hot Cocoa mix here.
– Jessica T.