Nothing screams summer more than colorful ice cream drips on the pavement and hands sticky from melted ice cream cones. Supplement summertime with a bite of a (mostly no mess) homemade ice cream sandwich waffle.
This summer treat is a great way to cool off, and doesn't require a lot of work, especially if you use our secret tip to getting perfectly circular ice cream sections! You can also use Lehi Mills Belgian Waffle mix to speed things up in the kitchen and spend more time enjoying the sunshine.
If you use this homemade ice cream sandwich waffle recipe, take a photo and share it with us on social media! Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily or #harvesttohome. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account!
Ice Cream Sandwich Waffle Recipe
- 1 cup of Lehi Mills Belgian Waffle Mix
- 1 cup of water
- 14 oz of ice cream, the flavor of your choice
- Preheat your waffle iron. We recommend using a mini Dash, since it'll pop out waffles that are perfectly proportioned for personal ice cream sandwich waffles. We also recommend removing the ice cream from the freezer.
- In a small bowl, combine waffle mix and water. Pour the batter into the waffle iron and let cook. Remove from the waffle iron and let cool on a cooling rack. Repeat this step for the remaining waffle batter.
- While the waffles are cooking, run a sharp knife under hot water. Lay the slightly softened ice cream container sideways on a cutting board and use the knife to cut the container parallel to the lid. Repeat for the remaining container. Click here to see a step-by-step Instagram reel.
- Remove the container edge from the ice cream circle and place it onto a waffle. Top with another waffle and dip into a shallow bowl of your favorite sprinkles.
- Repeat for remaining ice cream circles and waffles. Enjoy your easy homemade ice cream sandwich waffles!