While most of us aren’t going to be imprisoned in an island prison during our lifetime (hopefully), we all can still enjoy embracing the essence of Dumas’s classic book “The Count of Monte Cristo” while eating a monte cristo waffle sandwich.
To be honest, this waffle creation started shortly after our invention of the waffle peanut butter & jelly sandwich, while we all were dreaming about visiting Disneyland during the summer. When our budget wouldn’t stretch to paying for a Disney trip, we decided to bring the Disney classic to our waffle iron.
If you use this waffle monte cristo sandwich recipe, take a photo and share it with us on social media! Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily or #harvesttohome. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account!
Waffle Monte Cristo Sandwich
- 1 cup of Lehi Mills Belgian Waffle Mix
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of mayo
- 1 tablespoon of raspberry jam
- 6 slices of ham
- 6 slices of turkey
- 6 slices of swiss cheese
- 6 slices of cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the waffle iron of your choice (we prefer using a mini waffle Dash, since it’s the perfect size for a personal sandwich).
- In a medium bowl, combine the water and belgian waffle mix; stir until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased waffle iron and let cook through. Use a fork to remove the hot waffle from the waffle iron, and let cool on a cooling rack. Repeat for remaining waffle batter.
- Once cooled, add a layer of mayo and raspberry jam to a waffle. If you like condiments on both the top and bottom of your sandwich, spread mayo and raspberry jam on two waffles.
- Layer 2 slices of turkey, ham, swiss, and cheddar cheese in the order that you prefer on the waffle. Top with another waffle.
- Preheat a skillet on low heat.
- In a shallow bowl, beat together the eggs until well scrambled. Dip the monte cristo sandwich into the egg batter and carefully put the sandwich onto the skillet. Flip the sandwich once the sandwich is crispy.
- Repeat steps 4 – 7 for all remaining waffles, and enjoy your monte cristo waffle sandwich!