Are red velvet waffles considered to be a breakfast food or more of a dessert idea? Regardless of what occasion or meal you decided to make these red velvet waffles for, they'll be sure to be a hit!
Top your batch of waffles with whatever you want — syrup, frosting, chocolate chips, fresh fruit. You also can use this recipe to make a batch of red velvet pancakes!
Red Velvet Waffles
- 2 cups of Lehi Mills Belgian Waffle Mix
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- Red food coloring
- Preheat a Belgian waffle iron.
- In a bowl, combine the Belgian waffle mix, water, cocoa powder, and sugar. Stir in the red food coloring until the batter is a rich red.
- Pour some of the batter into the waffle iron and cook until steam stops coming from the waffle iron.
- Remove your red velvet waffle and top with syrup, frosting, and fresh fruit.