Summer means chilling by the pool and sipping pina coladas, right? If a pina colada drink isn't your style, these pina colada pancakes might be right up your alley! The recipe is so simple, since it only requires juicy pineapple, creamy coconut syrup, rich whipped cream, crispy coconut flakes, and pancake mix. That's right! This delicious tropical breakfast comes from a mix you likely already have in your pantry.
Our biggest tip for this recipe? Don’t skip on the fresh pineapple. It makes a difference you can taste when it comes to your pina colada pancakes.
If you decide to try out one of this recipes, take a photo and share it with us on social media! Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily or #harvesttohome. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account! Don’t forget to follow us on our YouTube channel to be one of the first to see new recipes!
Pina Colada Pancakes
- 2 cups of Lehi Mills Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/3 cup of toasted coconut flakes
- Whipped cream
- Lehi Mills Coconut Cream Syrup
- To begin, cut the pineapple into small, bite-sized chunks, and set aside.
- Toast coconut in a small skillet over medium heat and watch it carefully! If you don't, it'll burn! Once the coconut starts to brown slightly, remove from heat and stir and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the pancake mix and water. Cook on a lightly greased, preheated griddle.
- Remove from heat and let cool on a cooling rack.
- Serve the pina colada pancakes by stacking the desired amount of pancakes and topping them with fresh pineapple, toasted coconut, and whipped cream.
- Drizzle with Lehi Mills Coconut Cream Syrup (which honestly makes such a difference) and enjoy!