Today we're celebrating The King — Mr. Elvis Presley himself. Like it or not, we've all been influenced by Elvis in more ways than one, including some of our eating habits! Did you know that one of his very favorite sandwiches was a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich with bacon?
This delicious pancake recipe is perfect for those mornings you want a little more rock 'n' roll and hip-shaking; you could also listen to one of Elvis's classic songs! While these banana pancakes with a delicious peanut butter honey sauce are a slightly healthier version than what Elvis would eat (no frying involved), we're pretty sure he would approve. You can even serve them with a side of bacon to remain true to the King's tastebuds.
If you use this Elvis Presley Pancakes recipe, take a photo and share it with us on social media! Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily or #harvesttohome. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account!
Elvis Presley Pancakes
- 2 cups of Lehi Mills Protein Pancake Mix
- 2 cups of water
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
Peanut Butter Honey Sauce:
- 1/4 cup of natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 4 tablespoons of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Dash of cinnamon
- Chopped peanuts
- Add the pancake mix, water, and mashed bananas in a blender. Pulse the blender until everything is well combined. This will help incorporate the banana throughout the pancake mix.
- Add 1/4 cup of pancake batter to a preheated griddle and flip once cooked through. Remove finished pancake and place onto a cooling rack. Repeat for remaining batter.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the peanut butter, honey, almond milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. If the sauce is too thick, add more almond milk; if too runny, and more peanut butter for the right consistency.
- Serve each pancake with a generous drizzle of peanut butter honey sauce. You can also top it with sliced bananas, chopped peanuts, or crushed bacon and enjoy your Elvis Presley inspired protein pancakes!
Leave a comment