Happy Brownie Ice Cream Sandwich Day!!
Around here, we use any of these sounds-made-up holidays as an excuse to make our favorite treats, and we think you should too!
You know those classic ice cream sandwiches that you got from the ice cream man as a kid? Well, these are the grown-up version of those! Swap out the thin, flavorless cookies for chewy, fudgy brownies and you're in for a treat.
You’ll cook the brownies in a 9x13 pan so they end up thinner than normal. Make sure to line the pan with parchment paper to make cutting easier. You can make the sandwiches sugar cookie style, cutting out shapes with a cookie cutter, or just cut the brownies into squares.
Use your very favorite ice cream. Feel free to get creative. You don’t need to use vanilla—you could try any flavor! You could even make your own ice cream to customize your ice cream sandwiches even more!
You and your family will love this fun twist on the classic brownie ice cream sandwich!
If you make this brownie ice cream sandwich recipe, take a photo and share it with us on social media. Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account!
Fudgy Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 box Lehi Mills Double Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- Favorite ice cream
- Line a metal 9x13 pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray or oil.
- Prepare brownie mix as directed. Pour into prepared 9x13 pan. (if you use glass you’ll need to increase the cooking time). The brownies will be thinner than you’re used to, but that’s okay!
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350°. Make sure that the brownies are cooked all the way through. Test with a plastic knife in the very center. If it comes out clean, they’re done. If not, bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let cool completely on the counter. Once cooled, place in the freezer for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Take the brownies out of the freezer and let sit for 3-5 minutes. Holding the parchment paper, carefully lift the brownies out of the pan and set on a clean countertop. Cut into squares or use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes and set on a cookie sheet.
- Scoop a generous amount of ice cream on each brownie and top with another brownie. Serve immediately or place in the freezer until ready to eat. Enjoy your brownie ice cream sandwiches!