Happy National Macaroon Day! Note, we said macaroon not macron —though they often get mixed up. Do you know the difference between these two delectable treats?
Macarons are typically made from almond flour while macaroons are made with coconut flakes. The first treat often comes in colorful little bites, whereas macaroons look like coconut mounds instead of traditional cookies. So when we say we made coconut macaroon brownies for macaroon day, we're basically saying that we took our amazing brownie mix and added a delicious coconut macaroon layer.
And trust us, it's delicious. Exactly what the coconut-lovers in your life need at this moment. Let's get to baking, shall we?
If you decide to try this coconut macaroon brownie recipe, take a photo and share it with us on social media! Tag us on Instagram and Facebook @lehimills and use the hashtag #LehiMillsFamily or #harvesttohome. We love to see you all enjoying Lehi Mills products and might even feature your photo on our account! Don’t forget to follow us on our YouTube channel to be one of the first to see new recipes!
Coconut Macaroon Brownies
- 1 box of Lehi Mills Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of coconut flakes
- 1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Combine the brownie mix, water, and vegetable oil in a medium bowl until well incorporated.
- In another bowl, combine the coconut, sweetened condensed milk, salt, and vanilla.
- Pour half of the brownie mixture into a greased 8x8 pan. Spread the coconut mixture evenly over the top of the batter before topping with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before cutting and serving.
Leave a comment